I knew all along, of course, that another rejection letter was possible. Until the book is actually in hand, at any stage prior to its publication, the deal can fall through. Still....
"I think I can.... I think I can...." Meanwhile, I'll continue working on my next book and researching more agents to query. I know I can do that.
The above words ended my last post. They are my plan, actually. So what did I do?
- I replied to the agent with a 100-word query + five pages of Love Ya Like a Sister, since she also represents young adult novels.
- I pulled a slip of paper with the names of two agents I had researched from my bulletin board. I emailed the agents query letters.
- I read through my poetry book manuscript of Bare Ruined Choirs, adding three poems and minimally revising others (changing with to within).
- I began work on the blurb for the back cover of Bare Ruined Choirs.
- I researched another agent for next Friday.
- I went outside and enjoyed a day in the garden with my wife.
Copyright 2009 by Thomas L. Kepler, all rights reserved