I kept dithering: Should I publish The Stone Dragon through my own company, Wise Moon Books? Should I continue seeking an agent or another independent publisher?
Finally, the reasons and possibilities focused to these:
- I want The Stone Dragon available to students and community now.
- I want a book that represents me as a writer now.
Here are some recent accomplishments:
- The book block is 80% ready to upload to the printer at Lightning Source International. The process is moving about 3X faster than last time. I've learned quite a bit about Adobe InDesign (but still know so little!). I'm meeting with a beta reader today for some last input. Then it's on to the details of attention that make the book look professional.
- The cover template for the book cover will be available soon.
- Suzanne Bonnefond, French photographer, has sent me two photographs (jpgs) for use.
- Advance "rave" review quotations are being collected from writers and book blog reviewers for the back cover and inside first page.
- Copyright registration--been through the process twice already.
- Amazon "Look Inside": familiar with the process.
- Kindle and Smashwords ebooks?--have established sites.
The above is part of my acknowledgements for the book. Yes, thanks to all. It will be good to be able to hold a copy of The Stone Dragon in my hand.
Copyright 2011 by Thomas L. Kepler, all rights reserved