As the year ends, Bare Ruined Choirs is moving toward its final stages to publication.
Yesterday, I submitted the cover and interior files to the printer. I am now waiting for the proof of the book (a single copy of the completed book) to be sent to me for my final approval.
I would like to officially thank two individuals who helped me through the technical details of independent publishing: Allen and Lucinda. Without their technical expertise, the book would not be so polished. In addition, I have learned a great deal that will help me with the next book project.
Here are the stages I've worked on the last few weeks and will be working on in the next few:
- completing the interior (book block) file
- completing the cover file
- finalizing my Wise Moon Books account with Lightning Source printers
- uploading the files
- checking the proof copy
- paying the final printing fees as the publisher
- ordering books
- waiting 2-3 weeks for the book to be listed on Amazon.com
- arranging for a reading/book signing
- setting up a Facebook page for the book
- writing press releases
- increasing the effectiveness of the Amazon posting
My awareness lately has been on this project and not on my current writing projects. It will be good to get the book available. Then step by step I can learn and apply strategies to make others aware of its existence.
Copyright 2009 by Thomas L. Kepler, all rights reserved.
Post a Comment