I have found a straightforward guide to essay writing online that I want to share with you.
Below is the evaluation form I use when grading a student essay. You can see (if you have looked over the above essay-writing site) that the basics are very similar, even though my evaluation was written years ago. I hope this little bit of information will help anyone who has that assignment to complete over the winter break.
- Concepts introduced with grace
- Logical organization
- Topic sentences connect to thesis
- Adequate development
- Establishes wholeness with the thesis
- Graceful connection to introduction
- Sense of closure or conclusion
- Control of rules of writing
- Neat and polished final copy
- Corrected errors if indicated in rough draft comments
Copyright 2009 by Thomas L. Kepler, all rights reserved