Examiner.com writer Angela Atkinson, in her article "What to Put on Your Author Website," suggests seven key elements:
- An extended biography: career and appropriate life information
- An author's photograph: head shot
- Samples of your writing: samples, titles, links
- Contact Information: some use a contact form; some include the email address
- Testimonials: credible people who explain why you're great (other than your mother)
- What you are selling: services and/or products
- A blog: "showcase your talents"
To the left of the article is a linkbox titled "If you like this...." It provides other articles of interest to writers.
If my summary was of interest to you, be sure to read Angela Atkinson's full article.
Copyright 2010 by Thomas L. Kepler, all rights reserved